The Privacy Commissioner of New Zealand has released a checklist for businesses and a guidance document [PDF] to about cloud computing. Here is the Commissioner's summary of the two documents: Cloud computing guidelines.
From the Checklist:
- Figure out which cloud services will work for you and what your current risk level is
- Know what information you'll be sending to the cloud
- Recognise that the responsibility is ultimately yours
- Security - lock it down
- Check out your provider
- Know exactly what you're signing up for
- Be as up front with your clients as you can
- Location - where will the information be?
- Use and disclosure - who sees the information and what will it be used for?
- Ability to exit, and deleting information
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete